Friday 14 June 2013

Nyx Jumbo Pencil in 'Cottage Cheese': My experience

Hi everyone,

I am sure you guys have heard a lot about the famous 'NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils' and must have tried them as well. I recently ordered one of these in the shade ' Cottage Cheese' online. You can check the HAUL here.



So, lets start with my experience with this product. I love the chubby stick packaging of these pencils which makes it very convenient to use. 'Cottage Cheese' is a white shimmery shade which looks reallly pretty.
I use this as a highlighter on the brow bone and also on the inner corners of the eyes. It stays on like really long as a highlighter.You can check it in this smudged eyeliner look.

With Flash


Without Flash

Basically, I wanted to try this as a base for my eyeshadows. I have heard such great reviews about this one , that how it enhances the staying power and the color of eye shadow. And it worksss!!!
I mean it really really enhances and brightens the eye shadow. Have a look at the swatches below and see for yourself.
Left : Without 'Cottag Cheese'
Right : With 'Cottage Cheese'



Its big difference right!! But, you have to be careful to apply a very thin coat otherwise it will look cakey and will crease real soon. Also, it makes your eyeshadows shimmery , so if you want your matte eyeshadow to remain matte then do not use this as a base. May be you could try 'Milk' shade from the same range as it is white without any shimmers. I have not tried it my self though, but I am thinking it would work as well.

I am very happy about this purchase and planning on to buy some more.


Pros:
  1. Works amazing as a base for eyeshadow.
  2. Makes eyeshadow last really long and vibrant.
  3. Perfect for highlighting the inner corner of your eyes.
  4. Wide range of colors to select from
  5. Not very expensive
  6. Lovely chubby stick kind of packaging and convenient to use.
Cons:
  1. Available only online :(
P.S  : I have not yet sharpened this , but I have heard its very difficult a task . Will update this section when I get to sharpen it :)


Thank you so much for reading!
Have a lovely day ahead :)

8 comments:

  1. These are amazing. I have heard about these but haven't tried them! I love those colors. The color name "cottage cheese" is a little funny though ahaha!
    Kallie, But First Coffee Blog OR But First Coffee on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl, nice review.... jut followed you .. hope you follow back......

    kisses..
    beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! They all look great! <3 <3 I love the first one..Thanks for the review...

    love
    http://www.meghasarin.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Nyx jumbo eye pencils and your are right dear, they can be a great eye shadow base.:)
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments , I love to read them :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...